Thursday, November 7, 2013

Hunting Nov. 6/7

I got into town yesterday afternoon.  A quick sit on the Lone Oak stand produced a couple of buck sightings right at dark but no shooters. 

This morning I went back to the same stand and got set up before day-break in the same stand as last night.  After seeing a spike and doe on the way into the stand I thought it might be a good morning.  After the fog lifted in by around 7:30 the deer started showing up.  The same doe and spike came by the stand first with the spike pushing the doe around.  A little while later I catch movement behind me and see a nice young buck but not quite a shooter so I let him walk.  He moves behind me and comes back 20 minutes later with another smaller buck and I got some video of them walking across the break.  They split up after that and took off in different directions.  I couldn't tell if they were the same bucks I saw last night but they looked really similar.  We are headed back up there this afternoon in a few.  Front just went through so hoping for a good afternoon and cooler temps.


No comments: